Document Controller - 6 Month Fixed Term Contract - Essex - Up to GBP34k
Document Controller required to join a leading M&E Contractor working on a rail project based in Essex.
As a document controller you will be working with another document controller and will come in to support them during this busy period. You will report to the project manager and be required to liaise with the project team as well as others working for the client, main contractor and other sub contractors.
This is a 6 month fixed term contract paying GBP30-34k basic pro rata + 22 days holiday + can enrole to pension scheme after 3 month probation.
Typical hours are approx 8am to 5pm with some flexibility.
Candidates will ideally have experience using a number of document control systems as you will be required to assist with the implementation of a new EDMS system on the project.
- To receive and check employee's new starter check forms and enter the details into the recording system
- To maintain and update health & safety hours' weekly
- Review and upload all outgoing correspondence
- Maintain project training matrix to make sure all staff's licences etc. are kept in date
- Attend Management meetings when requested to take minutes and Produce Management meeting agenda's
- Receive daily/nightly shift reports from site, check for spelling, grammar and correct document numbering
- Update and maintain project QA file and procedures
- Collate, update and send out 'daily email' to project management
- Collate, check and electronically file weekly site paper work
- Update document register to ensure all documents are logged and up to date
- Complete regular internal document compliance audits and report findings to PM
- Collate weekly Site time sheets for approval by Project Manager
- Input project working hrs into client portal for approval by PM
Successfl candidates must have:
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience working in construction
- Experience using a number of EDMS document control systems
- The ability to work with a project team
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.