3 days left
- Flexible Hours
Our client is a Chiswick based travel agency specialising in worldwide cultural tours.
They are now recruiting for a bright and personable Finance Assistant to join their small team (of six). They are looking for someone who is very organised and has strong time management skills. Finance experience is not required but an interest to start your career in Finance and gain relevant qualifications as part of the role.
Hours: Monday - Friday - 9am-5.30pm (1 hr lunch)
Salary: GBP20K - GBP23K per annum
Accounts receivable duties:
- Shared duties to input data and analysis of all daily client receipts.
- Weekly preparation of the Credit control report and liaising with the Client Team to ensure collection of overdue monies owed
- Checking client invoices prior to despatch
Accounts payable duties:
- Shared duties to upload daily supplier payments onto the online banking system.
- Shared duties to input data and analysis of tour expenses and overhead expenses.
- Checking suppliers' invoices and expenses claims and processing payments.
- Allocating the credit card payments on the various cards
- Assist cash management of multiple currencies including: preparation of float in/out for Tour Manager, Lecturers and staff; cash ordering, daily monitoring and month end count.
Assisting with preparation of monthly management accounts
- Assisting with Sterling and foreign currency bank reconciliations.
- Preparing statistical information in chart and graph formats on bookings and sales
- Assist month end close of workpapers and feed into the Trial Balances for both Travel and Transport.
Year end financial accounts and audit
- Helping in all aspects of pre-audit preparation work books
- Involvement with the external auditors and responding to queries directly
Involvement with compliance reporting
- Collation of monthly ATOL returns
Excellent spoken and written English.
Work experience, preferably in an office enviroment.
Finance experience and/or finance qualifications are not required but are expected as part of this full time role.
Proficient in Microsoft packages - especially Excel to at least intermediate level.