Project Manager - Asset Transition / Asset Strategy
Job Title: Project Manager, Asset Transition
Salary: Competitive Salary, Dependent on Experience
Contract: Full Time, 6 months Fixed Term Contract
Reports To: Head of Programme Management
Purpose: The role will be primarily responsible for providing project management support to the Asset Transition programme. The programme is responsible for the pooling of £12 billion of assets into fit for purpose fund structures. Including ensuring that the requisite FCA approvals, operational services and corporate governance are in place to both adequately manage the funds going forward and realise the forecast qualitative and quantitative benefits.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation, highlighting in advance any bottlenecks or resourcing shortfalls
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Use appropriate risk management techniques to minimise project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- An understanding of Investment Management processes gained through experience within an Asset/Investment Manager
- A broad understanding of general financial instruments and products
- At least 5 years' experience managing projects within the financial services sector, ideally including transition events and/or product development
- A high standard of verbal and written communication skills
- A strong understanding of MS Office products, especially Excel
- Ideally, formal accreditation in Project Management (for example Prince2) and experience of using MS Project
- A confident yet approachable style. The ability to resolve issues in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships, and work flexibly across professional and operational boundaries.
- Experience of the breadth of the diversity agenda including embedding good practice and an understanding of LPP's and the public sector's commitment to combating discrimination and promoting equality of opportunity.
Reasonable adjustment will be made to working arrangements to accommodate a person with a disability who otherwise would be prevented from undertaking the work
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Business Improvement Manager, Procurement Manager, Asset Coordinator, Procurement Project Coordinator, Procurement Project Manager, Business Intelligence Manager, Asset Project Manager, Procurement Project Coordinator, Technical Project Coordinator will also be considered for this role.